Monday, March 23, 2009

On Being Perfect

Perfect. It sounds good.

Who doesn't want to be perfect? We revere people who have achieved perfection in sports, music, business, and so forth - but what about me? I want to be perfect. Notice I didn't say I wanted to achieve perfection - I just want to BE perfect.

And so I am. One of the realizations I have had with old age is this: If you can't logically achieve something, modify what it is that you are trying to achieve. What? It's this simple. I want to be perfect at something - and I already am. I am perfect at being IMperfect, and therefore AM perfect at SOMETHING.

Well, my work here is done!

8 comments:

  1. And thus we witness imperfection at it's best...
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You truly are the most...im perfect? person I know!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Did you realize that imperfect really just spells I'm Perfect!!!! Its probably hidden in there so you can say it without making others feel bad!!!!! (everyone gets a trophy right!)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks so much for sharing your blog with the world!
    isc888

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank God for the written word. I wish you would have elaborated on HOW to gain a backbone.Ohh so this is how your first post looks like
    slotxo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice blog to share you. it's a great information to share you.bk8

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice Post Dear! i like your article, thanks for sharing the information. 
    sagame66
    sagame77
    sagame88

    ReplyDelete